Absolute Beginners Class - Sat 7 Sept
Course Date: Saturday 7 September 2019 - 10.30am - 3pm
Location: Ruche Fabrics - 85a George Street, Launceston Tas 7250
Course Cost: $130 - includes tuition and project kit
Designed for the complete novice or as a refresher for the 'rusty' sewer. This class sets the foundation of learning to sew, so you can progress in to dressmaking with a solid basis in sewing skills.
Students will be guided through the process of making 'The Everyday Bag'
This class will cover the following:
- Fabric structure and terminology
- How to read and lay a pattern for cutting
- Threading and driving a sewing machine including the selection of thread and sewing machine needles
- Construction of 'The Everyday Bag', which includes pressing techniques, stitching straight seams, seam finishes, and darts
Duration: 4.5 hours - half hour for lunch
Class cost includes a kit containing 'The Everyday Bag' pattern, fabric, webbing tape (for handles), and thread.
The student will need to provide:
- Sewing machine (limited machines instore available to reserve)
- Sewing scissors
- Paper scissors
- Measuring tape
- Pen/pencil and note pad for taking notes
Tea, coffee and nibbles will be provided. BYO lunch.
We will email you a few days prior to the commencement of the class as a reminder. Please ensure you enter your email address in the field provided during checkout.
All classes/workshops are non-refundable.